|My character wearing his Navy dress uniform.|
Good luck to everyone at the OlympicsWell, it's that time, when all countries around the globe come together to compete for the gold at the 2012 olympic games held in England. I'm not much of a sports person, but even I enjoy the festive atmosphere of this massive event. I even feel honoured to have my own sonic fancharacter Ked the dragonwolf representing Ireland in this amazing piece by perreault http://fav.me/d58vos2.Good luck to everyone at the Olympics by keddragonwolf
Earlier this year, or later last year (I cant remember exactly), I got a message from perrealt requesting to use my character as part of a picture of fancharacters representing each county participating in the 2012 olympics. I was flattered that he chose me (well my fancharacter) to represent Ireland and so I happily agreed on the matter. (Well, thats how I recall it. I might've left something out. I dont know.)
I am so honoured and I thank perrealt for doing such a good job. And I wish everyone everywhere the best of luck this year. I choose no favourites, coz it's not the winning that counts, it's takin
5. Criticism – It doesn’t matter if you call it “trying to help me out” I just don’t like criticism. It makes me feel like a failure despite that most of the time I do stuff is just to please others. I don’t want professional feedback on anything I do, I want you to laugh and enjoy what I do for you guys. If I WANT criticism, I’ll ASK for it! Hence why there are some people I don’t talk to regarding my art anymore.
4. Not giving me straight answers – You won’t believe the number of times I wanted to punch someone for this! I ask a question, I expect a rapid response with a direct answer. There are plenty of times when I asked someone a question, and instead of answering me they try to force it upon me to think on my own. What if I needed the answer right away? I have no time to think, just give me a direct answer! There were even times when I asked a question, the other person was trying to “encourage” me to figure it out myself, and I interrupted by repeating my question but screaming it! I don’t want to have to do that, just give me a straight answer!
3. Bashing – We all have favorite things. Favorite movies, favorite sports teams, favorite foods, favorite political opinions, and more. I do my best to avoid getting into any debates, but I hate it when they bring it on me. Just because you don’t like my favorite movie doesn’t mean it’s bad! I’m not going to get into my opinions about sports, but I just hate it when ‘fanatics’ from each team bicker and bash and taunt each other. One thing that bothers me the most is guns! I love guns! I’m a gun fanatic and I hate it so much when anti-gun people essentially “bully” me for that. Get over it! Just because I like something you don’t doesn’t mean you have the right to say they’re bad! One of my favorite movies is “Black Hawk Down” and just because it’s not a family-friendly Don Bluth movie doesn’t mean you can talk shit about it! Fans of Disney cartoons on television don’t have the right to say bad things about “The X-Files” just because it’s not your kind! I’ve run into quite a few people like that. Sure, I like my share of ‘kiddy’ things but I can mix and match. Sure, I like “The Lion King” but I still like “Black Hawk Down” and just because I like watching “PAW Patrol” doesn’t mean I won’t stop and watch “The X-Files” here and there. Just because it’s not something YOU like doesn’t mean say bad things about it! I’ve had people do that to me and it’s quite frankly offensive. I’m always open to try new things. In fact, I have a few friends of mine convince me to watch their favorite television shows and/or movies. The leased you can do is try and return the favor. This is where it hurts me the most. I was convinced to watch some movies from a friend of mine, but my friend didn’t want to watch MY favorite movies and started bashing them and saying bad things about them. That really hurt. It’s hard being someone who gives a lot but gets nothing in return. I don’t know if that’s a pet-peeve I should give up on. Should I stop trying to make my friends happy if I just get shit on in return?
2. Why? – I HATE it when people ask me that question! To me, “Why?” is the equivalent of saying “I don’t believe you’re right” or “I don’t trust you.” There have been times when I sent links to friends of mine, whether it is deviantART pictures or YouTube videos, but the reply I get back is “Why?” It shows that you don’t want to see what I found and that you don’t trust me and that hurts me badly!
Before we go into number one, I'll quickly mention a few other pet-peeves of mine. The phrase "Hurry up" gets on me nerves. I also hate it when people makes decisions for me WITHOUT my permission first! I also don't like it when people ask me deep personal questions and butt into my business. I don't want to sound like a bastard, but there are times when it's none of your business and don't pressure me to answer. Another pet-peeve of mine is sarcasm. To me, sarcasm is all Chinese! I take everything said to me literally. Pretend I'm a police officer. If a cop asked you a question, and you sarcastically replied that you have drugs in your car, is he going to laugh along with you with your sarcasm, or is he going to say "Step out of the car"? Yeah, I don't understand sarcasm and I NEVER will, so STOP! And finally I also hate it when I say "No" but nobody listens. Happened once when a former friend of mine wanted me to do something that was very uncomfortable but, despite the numerous times I said "No," she wouldn't give up until I finally did it, I did something that made me extremely uncomfortable and I only did it because she wouldn't stop asking me until I gave in. The worst part was, she was a woman... didn't women invent "No means no"? Practice what you preach!
And my number one pet-peeve...
1. I don’t care – Nothing gets me riled up the most is when I tell you something bothers me… yet you DO IT ANYWAY! I don’t need to explain this one, it’s self-explanatory. It’s one thing if you’re doing it just to tease me or prank me, but it’s another if you’re absolutely, truly serious about it! If I get a reply telling me to “get over it” about my pet-peeves, and that proves you don’t care. THAT pisses me off the most, not caring that something bothers me! I hate it when people KNOW what my pet-peeves are but they do it anyway just to bother me.
So, those are my pet-peeves and it feels good getting them off my chest.